By Smashing Magazine
Responsive layout isn't just a brand new method — it's a completely new attitude. This publication, "Responsive Design" (eBook #23), presents an summary on responsive website design, displaying many events and methods within which this procedure will be utilized to. Smartphones, pills, laptops and laptop pcs could percentage a similar layout, that is tailored based on reveal dimension, platform and orientation of every device.
Learn approximately content material prototyping, device-agnostic layout procedure, gracefully degrading media queries and navigation styles to accomplish wonderful responsiveness. decide upon the precise method of a responsive venture and stay away from a few universal errors — it's worthy it!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Responsive website design: What it really is and the way to exploit It
- innovative And Responsive Navigation
- strategies For Gracefully Degrading Media Queries
- Is There Ever A Justification For Responsive Text?
- tips to Use CSS3 Media Queries To Create A cellular model Of Your Website
- Device-Agnostic method of Responsive net Design
- content material Prototyping In Responsive internet Design
Formats: PDF, EPUB, Kindle (DRM-free)
Pages: a hundred and sixty pages
Released: may well 2012
Publisher: Smashing Media GmbH
Read or Download Responsive Design PDF
Best web development books
HTML und CSS bilden seit mehr als zehn Jahren das Herzstück des Webdesigns, aber trotz oder gerade wegen ihres stolzen Alters beinhalten diese Technologien auch einige überholungsbedürftige gains. Autor Ben Henick nimmt in diesem ebook die beiden grundlegenden Webtechnologien unter die Lupe und stellt einen nützlichen Katalog an Webdesign-Best Practices zusammen.
From the world's most well liked source for net designers and developer's comes the final word advisor to jQuery
* starts with an exploration of primary jQuery suggestions similar to rfile item version (DOM) scripting
* Explores writing "Don't Repeat Yoursefl" (DRY) to achieve a complete knowing of those principal glossy suggestions and most sensible practices
* exhibits how jQuery allows the person to stick to those sleek top practices with ease
* The succeeding chapters speak about a particular a part of jQuery improvement akin to manipulating the DOM, operating with Ajax, and including slick animation results via instructional kind studying technique that makes use of operating examples to discover the concept
* The books caps off via discussing well known methods of extending the center jQuery library with pugins and construction internet interfaces utilizing jQuery UI
Construct your individual web site is a enjoyable, illustrated advent to the fundamentals of making an internet site. sign up for Kim and her little puppy Tofu as she learns HTML, the language of websites, and CSS, the language used to kind websites, from the net Guru and Glinda, the great Witch of CSS.
Once she figures out the fundamentals, Kim travels to WordPress urban to construct her first site, with Wendy, the WordPress Maven, at her aspect. They take keep watch over of WordPress® issues, set up precious plugins, and more.
As you stick with alongside, you'll learn the way to:
• Use HTML tags
• Make your web site shine with CSS
• customise WordPress to suit your needs
• opt for a firm to host your website and get recommendation on settling on a superb area name
The sufferer, step by step recommendation you'll locate in construct your personal web site may help you get your web site up and operating very quickly. cease dreaming of your ideal site and begin making it!
MongoDB is a high-performance and feature-rich NoSQL database that types the spine of various complicated improvement structures. you'll definitely locate the MongoDB answer you're looking for during this book.
Starting with how one can initialize the server in 3 diversified modes with a number of configurations, you'll then research numerous talents together with the fundamentals of complicated question operations and contours in MongoDB and tracking and backup utilizing MMS. From there, you could delve into recipes on cloud deployment, integration with Hadoop, and enhancing developer productiveness. through the tip of this e-book, you have a transparent thought approximately tips to layout, advance, and install MongoDB.
- Practical Django Projects (2nd Edition)
- Wicked Cool Ruby Scripts: Useful Scripts That Solve Difficult Problems
- Learning Rails 3
- Foundation XML for Flash
Extra info for Responsive Design
As a manager, youʼre in a great position to help this along – just let people know how their bit fits into the larger picture, and find ways to make the small steps visible along the way. We also all have a well-developed sense of justice and fairness. We like to see that weʼre being treated in the way we believe we deserve. Part of that is feeling that weʼre not being taken advantage of, too. When your team is under pressure to meet deadlines, for example, there may be a temptation to keep working late.
Clients always say that they need to see visuals to gauge whether their agency candidates understand the project. This is a misunderstanding of the nature of design and how it fits into the tasks of research, requirements management and content strategy. If a client wants to know whether their potential agency can create good, beautiful and useful visual designs, they should take a look at their candidatesʼ portfolios. Past work will quickly show whether a designer or studio has a good eye and the required skills to take on the challenge.
Combining intellectual and emotional motivations with clearing the path Asking people to do things isnʼt hard, but itʼs not so easy to make people want to do them. Think about it from emotional and intellectual points of view. If you can align the two, youʼll have an excellent chance of getting a bright and motivated team going on your project. 20 Some authors have used the metaphor of the rider and the elephant. The elephant represents our emotions: when the elephant wants to go somewhere, thereʼs really not much that a rider can do to control what happens.