By Kenneth C. Feldt
This can be your advisor to development web purposes and person interfaces with the Mozilla part framework, that's top identified for the Firefox internet browser and Thunderbird electronic mail consumer. Programming Firefox demonstrates the right way to use the XML consumer Interface Language (XUL) with open resource instruments within the framework's Cross-Platform part (XPCOM) library to increase numerous initiatives, corresponding to advertisement net purposes and Firefox extensions.
This booklet serves as either a programmer's reference and an in-depth educational, so not just do you get a accomplished examine XUL's capabilities--from easy interface layout to complicated, multitier functions with real-time operations--but you furthermore mght how you can construct an entire operating software with XUL. If you're coming from a Java or .NET atmosphere, you'll be surprised at how speedy large-scale purposes could be built with XPCOM and XUL.
subject matters in Programming Firefox comprise: * an outline of Firefox technology
* An advent to the graphical parts that compose a XUL application
* Firefox improvement instruments and the method used to layout and construct applications
* coping with an program with a number of content material areas
* creation to source Description records, and the way the Firefox interface renders RDF
* showing files utilizing the Scalable Vector images general and HTML Canvas
* The XML Binding Language and interface overlays to increase Firefox
* enforcing the next-generation types interface via XForms
Programming Firefox is perfect for the dressmaker or developer charged with supplying leading edge standards-based web purposes, no matter if they're net server purposes or Internet-enabled computer purposes. It's not only a how-to booklet, yet a what-if exploration that encourages you to push the envelope of the net adventure.
Read Online or Download Programming Firefox: Building Rich Internet Applications with XUL PDF
Best web development books
HTML und CSS bilden seit mehr als zehn Jahren das Herzstück des Webdesigns, aber trotz oder gerade wegen ihres stolzen Alters beinhalten diese Technologien auch einige überholungsbedürftige gains. Autor Ben Henick nimmt in diesem booklet die beiden grundlegenden Webtechnologien unter die Lupe und stellt einen nützlichen Katalog an Webdesign-Best Practices zusammen.
From the world's most well liked source for net designers and developer's comes the final word consultant to jQuery
* starts with an exploration of primary jQuery suggestions akin to record item version (DOM) scripting
* Explores writing "Don't Repeat Yoursefl" (DRY) to achieve a complete knowing of those important sleek suggestions and top practices
* exhibits how jQuery allows the consumer to stick to those smooth most sensible practices with ease
* The succeeding chapters talk about a particular a part of jQuery improvement reminiscent of manipulating the DOM, operating with Ajax, and including slick animation results via instructional kind studying strategy that makes use of operating examples to discover the concept
* The books caps off by means of discussing well known methods of extending the middle jQuery library with pugins and development internet interfaces utilizing jQuery UI
Construct your individual web site is a enjoyable, illustrated creation to the fundamentals of making an internet site. sign up for Kim and her little puppy Tofu as she learns HTML, the language of websites, and CSS, the language used to kind web content, from the internet Guru and Glinda, the great Witch of CSS.
Once she figures out the fundamentals, Kim travels to WordPress urban to construct her first site, with Wendy, the WordPress Maven, at her facet. They take regulate of WordPress® issues, set up priceless plugins, and more.
As you stick to alongside, you'll learn the way to:
• Use HTML tags
• Make your web site shine with CSS
• customise WordPress to suit your needs
• decide upon an organization to host your website and get recommendation on settling on an outstanding area name
The sufferer, step by step recommendation you'll locate in construct your individual site can assist you get your site up and working very quickly. cease dreaming of your ideal web site and begin making it!
MongoDB is a high-performance and feature-rich NoSQL database that types the spine of diverse complicated improvement structures. you are going to definitely locate the MongoDB resolution you're looking for during this book.
Starting with the best way to initialize the server in 3 diversified modes with numerous configurations, you are going to then examine various abilities together with the fundamentals of complex question operations and lines in MongoDB and tracking and backup utilizing MMS. From there, you could delve into recipes on cloud deployment, integration with Hadoop, and bettering developer productiveness. by means of the top of this booklet, you have a transparent suggestion approximately easy methods to layout, enhance, and install MongoDB.
- Perl Graphics Programming: Creating SVG, SWF (Flash), JPEG, and PNG Files with Perl
- Usability for the Web: Designing Web Sites that Work (Interactive Technologies)
- Designing For Emotion
- The Truth About HTML5 (For Web Designers)
- Building E-Commerce Solutions with WooCommerce (2nd Edition)
- Smashing CSS: Professional Techniques for Modern Layout
Additional info for Programming Firefox: Building Rich Internet Applications with XUL
Size The total number of characters displayed within a single-line text entry box. wrap Turns word wrapping on or off; a value of off disables word wrapping. Developers use a single-line text area when the size of text will be limited for data fields, and they use a multiline text area for a general-purpose “narrative” entry. The actual number of vertical and horizontal rows visible in the text box may also depend on the flex attributes of the parent container and the value of the wrap attribute.
The rows and size attributes also presume the appearance of scrollbars: if the rows attribute is 3 but no horizontal scrollbar exists, four rows will be displayed. For example, given the following code snippet:
Listitems display the contents of the label attribute, but they also support a value attribute that scripts use to obtain some data that the designer chooses not to be rendered in the interface. 28 | Chapter 2: XUL Basics You also can divide listboxes into multiple columns in a fashion very similar to that of the HTML table element. For multiple-column lists, the first child of a listbox is a