By Robin Nixon
Carefully paced for non-programmers, this moment variation of the top-selling advisor to net improvement now additionally presents an in depth creation to CSS, and advantages from reader questions and recommendations concerning the first version, making the recent version even more straightforward to stick to and extra information-packed than ever.
Plus, to make sure your have understood the entire details, you'll perform what you've realized with evaluation questions on the finish of every bankruptcy, and there's even a pattern social networking platform outfitted with the weather brought during this book.
* comprehend personal home page as much as an intermediate point, together with the fundamentals of object-oriented programming
* grasp MySQL, from database constitution to advanced queries
* Create web content with Hypertext Preprocessor and MySQL by means of integrating types and different HTML positive aspects
* choose up the fundamentals of CSS (and CSS3) and the way to use it to create compelling and dynamic net pages.
* Make Ajax calls and switch your site right into a hugely interactive atmosphere
* add and manage records and photographs, validate consumer enter, and safe your applications
* carry a majority of these applied sciences jointly to create a social networking site
Similar web development books
HTML und CSS bilden seit mehr als zehn Jahren das Herzstück des Webdesigns, aber trotz oder gerade wegen ihres stolzen Alters beinhalten diese Technologien auch einige überholungsbedürftige beneficial properties. Autor Ben Henick nimmt in diesem publication die beiden grundlegenden Webtechnologien unter die Lupe und stellt einen nützlichen Katalog an Webdesign-Best Practices zusammen.
From the world's hottest source for net designers and developer's comes the final word advisor to jQuery
* starts off with an exploration of primary jQuery recommendations equivalent to rfile item version (DOM) scripting
* Explores writing "Don't Repeat Yoursefl" (DRY) to realize a finished figuring out of those crucial glossy innovations and most sensible practices
* exhibits how jQuery permits the person to stick to those smooth top practices with ease
* The succeeding chapters speak about a selected a part of jQuery improvement corresponding to manipulating the DOM, operating with Ajax, and including slick animation results via instructional type studying procedure that makes use of operating examples to discover the concept
* The books caps off via discussing well known methods of extending the middle jQuery library with pugins and development net interfaces utilizing jQuery UI
Construct your individual web site is a enjoyable, illustrated creation to the fundamentals of making an internet site. subscribe to Kim and her little puppy Tofu as she learns HTML, the language of web content, and CSS, the language used to kind websites, from the internet Guru and Glinda, the nice Witch of CSS.
Once she figures out the fundamentals, Kim travels to WordPress urban to construct her first web site, with Wendy, the WordPress Maven, at her part. They take regulate of WordPress® topics, set up valuable plugins, and more.
As you stick with alongside, you'll find out how to:
• Use HTML tags
• Make your web site shine with CSS
• customise WordPress to suit your needs
• pick out a firm to host your website and get recommendation on deciding on a superb area name
The sufferer, step by step recommendation you'll locate in construct your individual web site may help you get your web site up and working very quickly. cease dreaming of your ideal web site and begin making it!
MongoDB is a high-performance and feature-rich NoSQL database that kinds the spine of various complicated improvement platforms. you'll definitely locate the MongoDB resolution you're trying to find during this book.
Starting with the way to initialize the server in 3 various modes with numerous configurations, you are going to then study numerous talents together with the fundamentals of complicated question operations and contours in MongoDB and tracking and backup utilizing MMS. From there, you could delve into recipes on cloud deployment, integration with Hadoop, and enhancing developer productiveness. by means of the tip of this ebook, you could have a transparent suggestion approximately tips on how to layout, advance, and installation MongoDB.
- Full Stack Web Development with Backbone.js
- WS-BPEL 2.0 for SOA Composite Applications with IBM WebSphere 7
- Build Your Own Ruby on Rails Web Applications
- Powershell in Depth (2nd Edition)
Once downloaded, run the installer to bring up the window in Figure 2-2. Click Next and accept the license agreement that follows to move on to the “Setup Type” screen (see Figure 2-3). Select the “Custom” option so that the MySQL server can also be installed. Installing a WAMP on Windows | 15 Figure 2-2. The main installation window of the Zend Server CE installer Figure 2-3. Choose the “Custom” install option 16 | Chapter 2: Setting Up a Development Server When the Custom Setup window appears, scroll down the list of options to the bottom and ensure that both “phpMyAdmin” and “MySQL Server” are checked, as shown in Figure 2-4.
Installing a WAMP on Windows There are several available WAMP servers, each offering slightly different configurations, but probably the best is Zend Server CE (where CE stands for Community Edition), because it’s free and is from the developers of PHP itself. com/zendce (see the bottom of Figure 2-1). 0 SP1 for Windows), which will be listed first in the download section of the web page. The page should display the correct installer for your computer: Linux, Windows, or OS X. You will be asked to log in before you download.
Using Comments There are two ways in which you can add comments to your PHP code. The first turns a single line into a comment by preceding it with a pair of forward slashes, like this: // This is a comment This version of the comment feature is a great way to temporarily remove a line of code from a program that is giving you errors. For example, you could use such a comment to hide a debugging line of code until you need it, like this: // echo "X equals $x"; You can also use this type of comment directly after a line of code to describe its action, like this: $x += 10; // Increment $x by 10 When you need multiple-line comments, there’s a second type of comment, which looks like Example 3-2.