By Tanay Pant
Learn how to layout, construct, and set up your Firefox OS purposes, equipped with internet applied sciences, to the Firefox Marketplace
About This Book
• Create appealing and interactive Firefox OS functions through making use of your wisdom of internet development
• Cater your functions to an important variety of clients via porting them to the Firefox OS
• A step by step studying workflow with real-life purposes to illustrate the concepts
Who This ebook Is For
What you are going to Learn
• set up, use, and entry the Firefox OS simulator with the aid of WebIDE
• Get to understand approximately program happen documents and the basic distinction among net functions and Firefox OS applications
• Create an program that measures the tapping velocity of the user
• Create an program that enables a person to ascertain in at a spot with geolocation tagging
• entry device-specific beneficial properties with WebAPIs and enforce those via development a photograph modifying and sharing application
• post your personal purposes to the Firefox industry and percentage them with others
• Professionally retain the code of your program with the aid of Github and set up your hosted purposes to OpenShift
With huge compatibility, the most recent in internet applied sciences, and robust improvement instruments, Firefox is a brilliant selection for either internet builders and finish clients. Firefox OS's merchandising of HTML5 as a firstclass citizen opens up the walled gardens of cellular software improvement for internet builders. the reason is, of this initiative that no targeted SDKs are required to increase for Firefox OS.This publication may help you excel within the paintings of constructing purposes for Firefox OS. It sequentially covers wisdom development, abilities acquisition, and sensible applications.Starting with an creation to Firefox OS, utilization of WebIDE, after which the appliance constitution, this e-book introduces functions of accelerating complexity with each one bankruptcy. An software that measures your tapping pace, a geolocation tagging software, and a photograph enhancing and sharing software are the 3 functions that might be outfitted from scratch. you'll know about themes akin to the adaptation among numerous different types of Firefox OS functions, program take place records, offline apps, and designing rules for functions. additionally, you will discover ways to try out and post the functions to and at last keep the repository of the Firefox OS application.By the tip, it is possible for you to to strengthen fantastically designed, fully-fledged, and carefully confirmed Firefox OS purposes and likewise proportion them on the Firefox OS Marketplace.
Style and approach
This publication is an easy-to-grasp workflow with useful examples of real-world purposes reminiscent of Clickr, money In!, and FotoFox. every one bankruptcy explains the strategies, that are then strengthened as they're established in an program or a flowchart.
Read or Download Learning Firefox OS Application Development PDF
Similar web development books
HTML und CSS bilden seit mehr als zehn Jahren das Herzstück des Webdesigns, aber trotz oder gerade wegen ihres stolzen Alters beinhalten diese Technologien auch einige überholungsbedürftige good points. Autor Ben Henick nimmt in diesem ebook die beiden grundlegenden Webtechnologien unter die Lupe und stellt einen nützlichen Katalog an Webdesign-Best Practices zusammen.
From the world's most well liked source for net designers and developer's comes the last word advisor to jQuery
* starts off with an exploration of basic jQuery strategies comparable to record item version (DOM) scripting
* Explores writing "Don't Repeat Yoursefl" (DRY) to achieve a complete realizing of those primary sleek suggestions and most sensible practices
* indicates how jQuery permits the person to stick to those sleek most sensible practices with ease
* The succeeding chapters speak about a selected a part of jQuery improvement corresponding to manipulating the DOM, operating with Ajax, and including slick animation results via instructional variety studying procedure that makes use of operating examples to discover the concept
* The books caps off by means of discussing well known methods of extending the middle jQuery library with pugins and construction internet interfaces utilizing jQuery UI
Construct your individual site is a enjoyable, illustrated creation to the fundamentals of making an internet site. subscribe to Kim and her little puppy Tofu as she learns HTML, the language of websites, and CSS, the language used to kind websites, from the net Guru and Glinda, the great Witch of CSS.
Once she figures out the fundamentals, Kim travels to WordPress urban to construct her first web site, with Wendy, the WordPress Maven, at her facet. They take regulate of WordPress® issues, set up helpful plugins, and more.
As you stick to alongside, you'll learn the way to:
• Use HTML tags
• Make your website shine with CSS
• customise WordPress to suit your needs
• opt for a firm to host your website and get recommendation on deciding upon an excellent area name
The sufferer, step by step recommendation you'll locate in construct your personal site may help you get your web site up and working very quickly. cease dreaming of your ideal web site and begin making it!
MongoDB is a high-performance and feature-rich NoSQL database that kinds the spine of various complicated improvement platforms. you are going to definitely locate the MongoDB answer you're trying to find during this book.
Starting with the way to initialize the server in 3 diversified modes with quite a few configurations, you'll then study quite a few abilities together with the fundamentals of complex question operations and lines in MongoDB and tracking and backup utilizing MMS. From there, you could delve into recipes on cloud deployment, integration with Hadoop, and enhancing developer productiveness. through the top of this booklet, you have got a transparent concept approximately the way to layout, boost, and set up MongoDB.
- The Elements of User Experience: User-Centered Design for the Web and Beyond
- Web Form Design: Filling in the Blanks
- Web Designer [UK], Issue 237
- Adaptive Web Design: Crafting Rich Experiences with Progressive Enhancement
Extra info for Learning Firefox OS Application Development
These applications can be hosted applications as well. This is the default permission level of a Firefox OS application (by default type: web, if the type is not specified in the manifest file). • Privileged apps: These kind of applications are apps that have permissions for device-sensitive APIs, such as contacts, browser, and so on. The type of application has to be declared as privileged in the manifest file of the application. Along with this, you have to declare every privileged Web API that you use under permissions in the manifest file.
We will build some fairly complex applications in the next chapters, and hence there will be other additions to their manifest files. net" }, "default_locale": "en" } This manifest file isn't very different from what we made in our Hello Firefox application in the previous chapter. It is a JSON file that contains the regular information that every basic Firefox OS application should declare. Let's understand the various fields used in the manifest files, in detail. Understanding the application's manifest files As previously discussed, application manifest files are the key components that distinguish a website from a web application.