By Cindy McCourt
A whole lifecycle advisor to making plans and construction a website with Drupal
Drupal enables you to speedy and simply construct a wide selection of sites, from extremely simple web publication websites to super advanced websites that combine with different platforms. so as to maximize what Drupal can do for you, you must plan. no matter if you're development with Drupal 6 or 7, this publication info the stairs essential to plan your website so that you could make proficient judgements prior to you begin to build.* Explains how to find the scope of your undertaking* indicates you the way to create a layout plan considering how Drupal works* is helping you are making trained judgements concerning improvement methodologies, environments, criteria, and placement protection* reports how one can check using present and/or customized Drupal modules* Teaches you the way to prevent universal pitfalls which can effect a profitable web site release* Walks you thru getting ready for post-launch website upkeep and administration projects* info incorporating the character of open resource platforms into your administration thoughts* Identifies how one can engage with participants of the Drupal community
The methods and strategies supplied during this e-book will empower you to create a profitable and sustainable website with Drupal.
Read Online or Download Drupal: The Guide to Planning and Building Websites PDF
Best web development books
HTML und CSS bilden seit mehr als zehn Jahren das Herzstück des Webdesigns, aber trotz oder gerade wegen ihres stolzen Alters beinhalten diese Technologien auch einige überholungsbedürftige positive factors. Autor Ben Henick nimmt in diesem book die beiden grundlegenden Webtechnologien unter die Lupe und stellt einen nützlichen Katalog an Webdesign-Best Practices zusammen.
From the world's most well liked source for net designers and developer's comes the last word consultant to jQuery
* starts off with an exploration of basic jQuery ideas resembling record item version (DOM) scripting
* Explores writing "Don't Repeat Yoursefl" (DRY) to achieve a complete knowing of those important glossy ideas and top practices
* indicates how jQuery permits the consumer to stick to those smooth top practices with ease
* The succeeding chapters talk about a selected a part of jQuery improvement comparable to manipulating the DOM, operating with Ajax, and including slick animation results via educational variety studying process that makes use of operating examples to discover the concept
* The books caps off via discussing renowned methods of extending the middle jQuery library with pugins and construction net interfaces utilizing jQuery UI
Construct your individual web site is a enjoyable, illustrated advent to the fundamentals of making an internet site. sign up for Kim and her little puppy Tofu as she learns HTML, the language of websites, and CSS, the language used to sort websites, from the internet Guru and Glinda, the nice Witch of CSS.
Once she figures out the fundamentals, Kim travels to WordPress urban to construct her first web site, with Wendy, the WordPress Maven, at her facet. They take keep an eye on of WordPress® subject matters, set up important plugins, and more.
As you persist with alongside, you'll learn the way to:
• Use HTML tags
• Make your web site shine with CSS
• customise WordPress to suit your needs
• decide on an organization to host your website and get suggestion on picking out a superb area name
The sufferer, step by step recommendation you'll locate in construct your individual web site may also help you get your web site up and operating very quickly. cease dreaming of your ideal web site and begin making it!
MongoDB is a high-performance and feature-rich NoSQL database that kinds the spine of diverse complicated improvement platforms. you are going to definitely locate the MongoDB answer you're looking for during this book.
Starting with how you can initialize the server in 3 diversified modes with a variety of configurations, you are going to then examine quite a few abilities together with the fundamentals of complicated question operations and lines in MongoDB and tracking and backup utilizing MMS. From there, you could delve into recipes on cloud deployment, integration with Hadoop, and bettering developer productiveness. via the top of this ebook, you could have a transparent inspiration approximately tips to layout, improve, and installation MongoDB.
- GIS for Web Developers: Adding 'Where' to Your Web Applications
- Programming Google App Engine with Java
- Cracking Drupal A Drop in the Bucket
- WordPress: Pushing the Limits
Additional info for Drupal: The Guide to Planning and Building Websites
2. Evaluate each alternative and identify its associated risks. Resolve the risks and create a prototype that reﬂects the alternative chosen. In the ﬁrst pass, you create a rough prototype. Each pass through step 2 yields a more robust prototype based on evaluations from previous prototype evaluations. 3. Evaluate the prototype, make suggestions, and identify issues to be resolved. With each pass through the three, more detailed requirements and designs are created based on each prototype. 4. Plan and commit to the next set of four steps based on the output of step 3.
Potential solutions are discussed and debated. By bringing together your best team members, you increase your chances of creating the best solution, as opposed to hearing about a great idea too late in the game. Chapter 4, “Collecting Requirements,” brieﬂy describes a JAD session and several other approaches you can use to facilitate collecting requirements. Agile Methodologies The Agile Manifesto is a set of principles that encourage collaborative interaction between the owner of the site and the development team.
In order to plan the work performed during a site’s lifecycle, you need to know what work gets performed and in what order. ‰ Planning occurs at each step of the lifecycle. The steps of the lifecycle don’t just happen. They require someone to coordinate, facilitate, and, of course, manage them. Chapter 2 introduces different development methodologies that can be used for site production. It also provides some tips on how managing an open source project might differ from managing projects that use proprietary systems or create the system from scratch.