By Aaron Walter
Make your clients fall in love together with your website through the precepts packed into this short, captivating publication via MailChimp consumer event layout lead Aarron Walter. From vintage psychology to case experiences, intellectual thoughts to logic, Designing for Emotion demonstrates obtainable innovations and remarkable the right way to assist you make a human connection via layout.
Read or Download Designing for Emotion PDF
Best web development books
HTML und CSS bilden seit mehr als zehn Jahren das Herzstück des Webdesigns, aber trotz oder gerade wegen ihres stolzen Alters beinhalten diese Technologien auch einige überholungsbedürftige good points. Autor Ben Henick nimmt in diesem publication die beiden grundlegenden Webtechnologien unter die Lupe und stellt einen nützlichen Katalog an Webdesign-Best Practices zusammen.
From the world's most well liked source for internet designers and developer's comes the last word advisor to jQuery
* starts with an exploration of basic jQuery thoughts resembling record item version (DOM) scripting
* Explores writing "Don't Repeat Yoursefl" (DRY) to achieve a accomplished realizing of those relevant smooth innovations and most sensible practices
* exhibits how jQuery allows the person to stick to those glossy most sensible practices with ease
* The succeeding chapters speak about a selected a part of jQuery improvement equivalent to manipulating the DOM, operating with Ajax, and including slick animation results via educational sort studying strategy that makes use of operating examples to discover the concept
* The books caps off through discussing well known methods of extending the center jQuery library with pugins and construction internet interfaces utilizing jQuery UI
Construct your personal web site is a enjoyable, illustrated creation to the fundamentals of constructing an internet site. sign up for Kim and her little puppy Tofu as she learns HTML, the language of web content, and CSS, the language used to sort websites, from the net Guru and Glinda, the great Witch of CSS.
Once she figures out the fundamentals, Kim travels to WordPress urban to construct her first site, with Wendy, the WordPress Maven, at her facet. They take keep watch over of WordPress® subject matters, set up necessary plugins, and more.
As you persist with alongside, you'll learn the way to:
• Use HTML tags
• Make your web site shine with CSS
• customise WordPress to suit your needs
• pick out an organization to host your web site and get recommendation on making a choice on a superb area name
The sufferer, step by step suggestion you'll locate in construct your individual site might help you get your web site up and working very quickly. cease dreaming of your excellent web site and begin making it!
MongoDB is a high-performance and feature-rich NoSQL database that varieties the spine of various complicated improvement structures. you'll definitely locate the MongoDB answer you're looking for during this book.
Starting with how you can initialize the server in 3 assorted modes with a number of configurations, you'll then study numerous talents together with the fundamentals of complicated question operations and lines in MongoDB and tracking and backup utilizing MMS. From there, you could delve into recipes on cloud deployment, integration with Hadoop, and enhancing developer productiveness. by way of the tip of this e-book, you've got a transparent thought approximately easy methods to layout, advance, and installation MongoDB.
- Pro CSS3 Layout Techniques
- Drupal Web Profiles
- The Essential Guide to HTML5 and CSS3 Web Design
- The Mobile Web Handbook
Additional resources for Designing for Emotion
When we create an instance of a domain type to represent a specific piece of data, we create a domain object. Domain models are usually persistent and long-lived. There are a lot of different ways of achieving this, but relational databases remain the most common choice.
A better approach 60 CHAPTER 3 ■ YOUR FIRST MVC APPLICATION would be to display a separate error view when the e-mail message can’t be sent, but we wanted to keep things simple in our first MVC application. Summary In this chapter, we created a new MVC project and used it to construct a simple MVC data-entry application, giving you a first glimpse of the MVC Framework architecture and approach. We skipped over some key features (including Razor syntax, routing, and automated testing), but we’ll come back to these topics in depth in later chapters.
NET MVC 3 Web Application, as shown in Figure 3-1. Figure 3-1. The Visual Studio MVC 3 project template 31 CHAPTER 3 ■ YOUR FIRST MVC APPLICATION ■ Caution The MVC 3 installer doesn’t remove MVC version 2, so you’ll also see the old templates available alongside the new. When creating a new project, be careful to select the right one. Set the name of the new project to PartyInvites and click the OK button to continue. You will see another dialog box, shown in Figure 3-2, which asks you to choose between three different types of MVC project templates.