By Jon R. Mancuso
"Second variation offers new fabric on coupling rankings, normal objective couplings as opposed to precise objective couplings, retrofitting of lubricated couplings to nonlubricated couplings, torsional damping couplings, torquemeter couplings, and more."
Read Online or Download Couplings And Joints Design Selection And Application PDF
Similar machinery books
Steel slicing is a vital method all through engineering layout and production industries. to extend potency and decrease expenses, it can be crucial to enhance figuring out of the steel slicing strategy. This publication offers a finished remedy of the topic that makes a speciality of the gains of the habit of device and paintings fabrics that impact the potency of steel slicing operations.
The recent paperback version of this well known textual content relates classical - and third-dimensional geometry to mechanisms. Written by way of a famous authority, this ebook emphasizes geometrical instead of analytical techniques, supplying info on commonly used planar mechanisms in addition to introducing the reader to third-dimensional mechanical pursuits.
Fluid movie bearings are computer parts that are supposed to be studied in the broader context of tribology. the 3 subfields of tribology, friction, lubrication, and put on, are strongly interrelated. the decade has witnessed major advances within the zone of fluid movie lubrication and its purposes, and this moment variation bargains scholars and engineering pros a glance at a few of these advances.
Whilst put in and operated competently, basic objective steam generators are trustworthy and have a tendency to be forgotten, i. e. , out of sound and out of mind. yet, they are often slumbering giants that may lead to significant complications if ignored. 3 genuine steam turbine bad effects that instantly spring to mind are: damage and secondary harm because of an overspeed failure.
- Model Stationary And Marine Steam Engines
- Practical Hydraulic Systems: Operation and Troubleshooting for Engineers and Technicians
- Theory of Machines and Mechanisms (McGraw-Hill series in mechanical engineering)
- Industrial, Mechanical and Manufacturing Science
- 2. Forsthoffer's Rotating Equipment Handbooks: Pumps
- Particulate Emissions from Vehicles (RSP)
Extra resources for Couplings And Joints Design Selection And Application
3. Grid Couplings Grid couplings are also very similar to gear couplings. Usually composed of all metal, they have some degree of resilience. These couplings can dampen vibration and reduce peak or shock loads by 10-3O%. They have two hubs with serrations (grooves) rather than teeth. The grooves are connected by a steel grid. A cover keeps the lubrication in. 19 Chain coupling-nylon. 2 1). Grid couplings do not transmit as much power (for per the same outside diameter) as gear couplings but are usually less costly.
They are used to absorb energy and dampen loads, particularly when the equipment is engine-driven. 29 Block coupling. (Courtesy of Kop-Flex, Inc. 30 Jaw coupling. ) Overview of Couplings and Joints 49 Pin-and-bushing coupling. 31 C. Metallic Element Couplings (Disc Couplings) Disc couplings transmit torque by a simple tensile force between alternating driving and driven bolts on a common bolt circle. Misalignment arises from the flexibility that comes from the length of material between the bolts.
Those between 100 and 1000 hp are classified a s medium: Usually those over 1000 hp are considered critical t o the operation of the equipment: these are covered in Section IV, Special-Purpose Couplings. 13 Miniature metallic beam coupling. 14 Miniature disc coupling. g.. a pump) shuts down, it usually does not affect the plant operation. This equipment uses a coupling with a flexible element that can be easily inspected and replaced and is therefore often considered a throwaway. The couplings are very flexible and require very simple alignment techniques, calipers, scales, and perhaps, if one gets sophisticated, a dial indicator.