By Björn W. Schuller, Anton M. Batliner(auth.)
This booklet offers the tools, instruments and methods which are at the moment getting used to understand (automatically) the impact, emotion, character and every little thing else past linguistics (‘paralinguistics’) expressed by way of or embedded in human speech and language.
It is the 1st publication to supply any such systematic survey of paralinguistics in speech and language processing. The know-how defined has advanced quite often from computerized speech and speaker popularity and processing, but in addition takes under consideration fresh advancements inside speech sign processing, computing device intelligence and information mining.
Moreover, the publication deals a hands-on technique through integrating genuine information units, software program, and open-source utilities so as to make the booklet useful as a educating device and equally invaluable for these pros already within the field.
- Provides an built-in presentation of easy examine (in phonetics/linguistics and arts) with state of the art engineering methods for speech sign processing and computer intelligence.
- Explains the background and cutting-edge of all the sub-fields which give a contribution to the subject of computational paralinguistics.
- C overs the sign processing and desktop studying facets of the particular computational modelling of emotion and character and explains the detection approach from corpus assortment to add extraction and from version checking out to procedure integration.
- Details elements of real-world approach integration together with distribution, weakly supervised studying and self belief measures.
- Outlines desktop studying techniques together with static, dynamic and context‑sensitive algorithms for type and regression.
- Includes an academic on freely to be had toolkits, resembling the open-source ‘openEAR’ toolkit for emotion and have an effect on acceptance co-developed through one of many authors, and an inventory of normal databases and have units utilized in the sphere to permit for instant experimentation allowing the reader to construct an emotion detection version on an current corpus.
Chapter 1 advent (pages 1–20):
Chapter 2 Taxonomies (pages 21–52):
Chapter three facets of Modelling (pages 53–78):
Chapter four Formal elements (pages 79–106):
Chapter five useful facets (pages 107–158):
Chapter 6 Corpus Engineering (pages 159–175):
Chapter 7 Computational Modelling of Paralinguistics: evaluate (pages 177–184):
Chapter eight Acoustic positive aspects (pages 185–216):
Chapter nine Linguistic beneficial properties (pages 217–229):
Chapter 10 Supra‐segmental good points (pages 230–234):
Chapter eleven Machine‐Based Modelling (pages 235–280):
Chapter 12 process Integration and alertness (pages 281–288):
Chapter thirteen ‘Hands‐On’: latest Toolkits and sensible educational (pages 289–303):
Chapter 14 Epilogue (pages 304–305):
Read or Download Computational Paralinguistics: Emotion, Affect and Personality in Speech and Language Processing PDF
Similar personality books
Now in its 3rd variation, this dynamic textbook analyses the qualities primary to human character: what they're, why they topic, their organic and social foundations, how they play out in human lifestyles and their results for cognition, tension and actual and psychological overall healthiness. The textual content additionally considers the purposes of character evaluate in scientific, academic and occupational settings, offering the reader with an in depth knowing of the complete box of character features.
A set of essays which reports the theoretical challenge of relationships among social constitution and character, and the way those varied relationships advantage designated remedy for specific reasons. Parsons concludes that during the bigger photograph, their interdependencies are so intimate that bringing them jointly in an interpretive synthesis is primary if a balanced realizing of the complicated as a complete is to be attained.
Our lives as people are characterised by means of construction and use of social assets, fabric (e. g. , cash and actual possessions) in addition to immaterial (such as love, wisdom, and power). Distribution and trade of those assets are critical to participants’ actual and psychological healthiness and caliber of lifestyles.
This booklet sequence makes a speciality of the improvement of latest qualitative methodologies for academic psychology and interdisciplinary enrichment in principles and practices. It publishes key principles of method, diverse methods to education, kin, relationships and social negotiations of problems with academic approaches.
- Computational Personality Analysis: Introduction, Practical Applications and Novel Directions
- Die Massenpsychologie der Finanzmarktkrise: US-Immobilienblase, Subprime Desaster, Schulden-Bubble und ihre Auswirkungen (German Edition)
- Moments, Attachment and Formations of Selfhood: Dancing with Now
- The psychology of good and evil : why children, adults, and groups help and harm others
Extra resources for Computational Paralinguistics: Emotion, Affect and Personality in Speech and Language Processing
At least amongst linguists, language has always been seen as the principal mode of communication for human beings (Trager 1958) which is accompanied by other communication systems such as body posture, movement, facial expression, cf. (Crystal 1966) where the formal means of indicating communicative stances are listed: (1) vocalisations such as ‘mhm’, ‘shhh’, (2) hesitations, (3) ‘non-segmental’ prosodic features such as tension (slurred, lax, tense, precise), (4) voice qualifiers (whispery, breathy, .
And Magnenat-Thalmann, N. (2011). Coordinating the generation of signs in multiple modalities in an affective agent. In P. Petta, C. Pelachaud, and R. Cowie (eds), Emotion-Oriented Systems: The Humaine Handbook, Cognitive Technologies, pp. 349–367. Springer, Berlin. Mehrabian, A. and Wiener, M. (1967). Decoding of inconsistent communications. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 6, 109–114. Murray, I. and Arnott, J. (1993). Toward the simulation of emotion in synthetic speech: A review of the literature on human vocal emotion.
Springer, Berlin. Ekman, P. and Friesen, W. V. (1980). Relative importance of face, body, and speech in judgments of personality and affect. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 38, 270–277. Gobl, C. and N´ı Chasaide, A. (2003). The role of voice quality in communicating emotion, mood and attitude. Speech Communication, 40, 189–212. , and Cowie, R. (2011). The ethical distinctiveness of emotion-oriented technology: Four longterm issues. In P. Petta, C. Pelachaud, and R. Cowie (eds), Emotion-Oriented Systems: The Humaine Handbook, Cognitive Technologies, pp.