By Björn W. Schuller, Anton M. Batliner(auth.)
This e-book provides the equipment, instruments and methods which are at the moment getting used to understand (automatically) the have an effect on, emotion, character and every thing else past linguistics (‘paralinguistics’) expressed through or embedded in human speech and language.
It is the 1st booklet to supply this sort of systematic survey of paralinguistics in speech and language processing. The expertise defined has developed mostly from computerized speech and speaker reputation and processing, but in addition takes under consideration contemporary advancements inside speech sign processing, computer intelligence and knowledge mining.
Moreover, the ebook deals a hands-on technique via integrating real info units, software program, and open-source utilities with the intention to make the booklet useful as a instructing device and equally worthwhile for these execs already within the field.
- Provides an built-in presentation of uncomplicated learn (in phonetics/linguistics and arts) with state of the art engineering techniques for speech sign processing and laptop intelligence.
- Explains the heritage and state-of-the-art of all the sub-fields which give a contribution to the subject of computational paralinguistics.
- C overs the sign processing and computing device studying points of the particular computational modelling of emotion and character and explains the detection method from corpus assortment to add extraction and from version checking out to process integration.
- Details elements of real-world procedure integration together with distribution, weakly supervised studying and self assurance measures.
- Outlines desktop studying techniques together with static, dynamic and context‑sensitive algorithms for category and regression.
- Includes an instructional on freely on hand toolkits, reminiscent of the open-source ‘openEAR’ toolkit for emotion and have an effect on acceptance co-developed by way of one of many authors, and an inventory of normal databases and have units utilized in the sector to permit for fast experimentation allowing the reader to construct an emotion detection version on an latest corpus.
Chapter 1 advent (pages 1–20):
Chapter 2 Taxonomies (pages 21–52):
Chapter three elements of Modelling (pages 53–78):
Chapter four Formal elements (pages 79–106):
Chapter five useful points (pages 107–158):
Chapter 6 Corpus Engineering (pages 159–175):
Chapter 7 Computational Modelling of Paralinguistics: evaluate (pages 177–184):
Chapter eight Acoustic beneficial properties (pages 185–216):
Chapter nine Linguistic beneficial properties (pages 217–229):
Chapter 10 Supra‐segmental positive aspects (pages 230–234):
Chapter eleven Machine‐Based Modelling (pages 235–280):
Chapter 12 approach Integration and alertness (pages 281–288):
Chapter thirteen ‘Hands‐On’: current Toolkits and sensible instructional (pages 289–303):
Chapter 14 Epilogue (pages 304–305):
Read or Download Computational Paralinguistics: Emotion, Affect and Personality in Speech and Language Processing PDF
Similar personality books
Do the issues in your table betray the suggestions in your brain? Does your eating room décor hold clues for your personality? Award-winning psychologist Sam Gosling has dispatched groups of clinical investigators to poke round bedrooms and places of work, try out iPods, and peek at own websites—to see what will be discovered approximately us easily from our property.
"Some participants emerge from grim reports more advantageous in brain and spirit than others who suffered an analogous destiny. during this e-book, Michael Neenan means that it's the meanings that we connect to occasions, and never the occasions themselves, that be certain our reactions to them: reason why diverse humans can react to a similar occasion in numerous methods.
This ebook extends the dialogue of the character of freedom and what it skill for a human to be unfastened. this question has occupied the minds of thinkers because the Enlightenment. despite the fact that, with no exception, most of these discussions has fascinated by the nature of liberty on the earth. during this quantity the authors discover how individuals are more likely to be ruled in area and the way that may impact what kind of liberty they event.
The booklet attracts at the 2007 altering educational career overseas survey so that it will record the private features, profession trajectories, experience of identity/commitment and task delight of lecturers in 14 international locations with diversified degrees of financial and social improvement and diverse larger schooling structures.
- Agents of the People
- A self-study : being a white psychologist in an Indian world
- The Problem of the Puer Aeternus
- Advances in Flow Research
Additional resources for Computational Paralinguistics: Emotion, Affect and Personality in Speech and Language Processing
Le Maˆıtre Phon´etique, 120, 25–29. Crystal, D. (1966). The linguistic status of prosodic and paralinguistic features. Proc. of the University of Newcastleupon Tyne Philosophical Society, 1, 93–108. Crystal, D. (1971). Prosodic and paralinguistic correlates of social categories. In E. ), Social Anthropology, pp. 185–206. Tavistock, London. Crystal, D. (1974). Paralinguistics. In T. ), Current Trends in Linguistics 12, pp. 265–295. Mouton de Gruyter, The Hague. Crystal, D. (1975a). Paralinguistic behaviour as continuity between animal and human communication.
Constructing Social Research: The Unity and Diversity of Methods. Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, CA. Rauch, I. (1999). Semiotic Insights: The Data Do the Talking. University of Toronto Press, Toronto. Rauch, I. (2008). The Phonology/Paraphonology Interface and the Sounds of German across Time. Peter Lang, New York. , and Preece, J. (2011). Interaction Design: Beyond Human - Computer Interaction. Wiley, Chichester. Rosch, E. (1975). Cognitive representations of semantic categories. Journal of Experimental Psychology: General, 104(3), 192–233.
Engineers and psychologists are primarily interested in modelling (manually or automatically) specific phenomena such as personality, emotion, or speech pathology, with the help of acoustic and/or linguistic parameter; that is, they are primarily interested in one specific (type of) function and want to find out which (form) features to use for modelling and classifying this function. A simple test whether the author of a study follows a formal or a functional approach is to estimate the number of pages dedicated to the one or the other aspect; of course, there are transitional forms in between.