By Carl Gans and John F. Storr (Auth.)
Read or Download Comparative Anatomy Atlas PDF
Best zoology books
From the traditional Egyptian cat goddess, Bastet, to the prophet Muhammad’s favourite cat, Muezza, and our modern obsession with on-line cat movies, pussycats have lengthy held a spot of honor of their human counterparts’ houses and cultures. however the family cat is only one of many tom cat species, and within the Wild Cat publication cat specialists Fiona and Mel Sunquist introduce us to the whole panoply of the purring, roaring tom cat tribe.
Take a trip to the farm and find out about the beneficial properties and roles of a horse.
Winner of the 2009 Whitley MedalIn increase and Bust, the authors draw at the traditional heritage of Australia’s charismatic birds to discover the relatives among fauna, humans and surroundings. they think about altering principles approximately deserts and the way those have helped to appreciate birds and their habit during this driest of continents.
The monarch butterfly is our best-known and best-loved insect, and its annual migration over hundreds of thousands of miles is a rare common phenomenon. Robert Michael Pyle, "one of America's best common heritage writers" (Sue Hubbell), set out past due one summer time to keep on with the monarchs south from their northernmost breeding flooring in British Columbia.
- Handbook of Larval Amphibians of the United States and Canada
- Animal Evolution. Genomes, Fossils, and Trees
- Encyclopedia of Animal Rights and Animal Welfare
- Guidelines for Coordinated Human and Animal Brucellosis Surveillance (Fao Plant Production and Protection Paper, 156)
- Xenotransplantation : le brevet sur l'animal
Additional resources for Comparative Anatomy Atlas
Branchial region: ventral view (deep) 8. Branchial region: lateral view 9. Axial musculature: cross section, trunk and tail 10. Viscera: lateral view 1 1 . Abdominal arteries: lateral view 1 2 . Abdominal veins: lateral view 1 3 . Heart and afferent branchial circulation: frontal section 14. Efferent branchial circulation: frontal section 1 5 . Urogenital system: male and female 16. Brain: dorsal and ventral views 17. Chondrocranium: cranial nerves and eye muscles 18. Semicircular canals: dorsal, lateral and ventral views 19.
Urogenital system: male and female 16. Brain: dorsal and ventral views 17. Chondrocranium: cranial nerves and eye muscles 18. Semicircular canals: dorsal, lateral and ventral views 19. Head: sagittal section Fig. 18. Semicircular canals: dorsal, lateral and ventral views COMPARATIVE ANATOMY ATLAS/Squalus acanthias LIST OF DRAWINGS FOR Squalus acanthias 1. Lateral view 2. Chondrocranium: dorsal, ventral and posterior views 3. Branchial basket: ventral and exploded views 4. Trunk and caudal vertebrae: cross and sagittal sections 5.
12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. Pharyngeal region: exploded view Viscera: ventral view Abdominal arteries: lateral view Abdominal veins: lateral view and detail Heart and afferent vessels: ventral view Heart and efferent vessels: ventral view Urogenital system Brain: dorsal and ventral views Head: sagittal section Fig. 8. Posterior musculature: lateral view COMPARATIVE ANATOMY ATLAS/Necturus maculosus LIST OF DRAWINGS FOR Nectmus maculosus 1. Lateral view 2. Skull, mandible and anterior vertebrae 3.