By Brian Messenlehner, Jason Coleman
The authors use examples from their lately published SchoolPress app to give an explanation for strategies and methods in the course of the e-book. All code examples can be found on GitHub.
- examine WordPress with conventional app improvement frameworks
- Use topics for perspectives, and plugins for backend functionality
- Get feedback for selecting WordPress plugins—or construct your own
- deal with person debts and roles, and entry person data
- construct asynchronous behaviors on your app with jQuery
- advance local apps for iOS and Android, utilizing wrappers
- include Hypertext Preprocessor libraries, exterior APIs, and net carrier plugins
- gather funds via ecommerce and club plugins
- Use concepts to hurry up and scale your WordPress app
Read Online or Download Building Web Apps with WordPress PDF
Best web development books
HTML und CSS bilden seit mehr als zehn Jahren das Herzstück des Webdesigns, aber trotz oder gerade wegen ihres stolzen Alters beinhalten diese Technologien auch einige überholungsbedürftige beneficial properties. Autor Ben Henick nimmt in diesem publication die beiden grundlegenden Webtechnologien unter die Lupe und stellt einen nützlichen Katalog an Webdesign-Best Practices zusammen.
From the world's hottest source for net designers and developer's comes the final word consultant to jQuery
* starts with an exploration of basic jQuery techniques comparable to record item version (DOM) scripting
* Explores writing "Don't Repeat Yoursefl" (DRY) to achieve a finished knowing of those primary glossy thoughts and most sensible practices
* exhibits how jQuery allows the consumer to stick to those glossy most sensible practices with ease
* The succeeding chapters speak about a particular a part of jQuery improvement resembling manipulating the DOM, operating with Ajax, and including slick animation results via educational type studying procedure that makes use of operating examples to discover the concept
* The books caps off via discussing well known methods of extending the middle jQuery library with pugins and development net interfaces utilizing jQuery UI
Construct your personal site is a enjoyable, illustrated creation to the fundamentals of constructing an internet site. sign up for Kim and her little puppy Tofu as she learns HTML, the language of websites, and CSS, the language used to type web content, from the net Guru and Glinda, the nice Witch of CSS.
Once she figures out the fundamentals, Kim travels to WordPress urban to construct her first web site, with Wendy, the WordPress Maven, at her facet. They take regulate of WordPress® issues, set up precious plugins, and more.
As you stick to alongside, you'll learn the way to:
• Use HTML tags
• Make your web site shine with CSS
• customise WordPress to suit your needs
• select a firm to host your website and get recommendation on choosing a great area name
The sufferer, step by step recommendation you'll locate in construct your individual web site might help you get your site up and operating very quickly. cease dreaming of your ideal web site and begin making it!
MongoDB is a high-performance and feature-rich NoSQL database that varieties the spine of various complicated improvement platforms. you'll definitely locate the MongoDB resolution you're looking for during this book.
Starting with the best way to initialize the server in 3 various modes with numerous configurations, you are going to then research a number of talents together with the fundamentals of complicated question operations and contours in MongoDB and tracking and backup utilizing MMS. From there, you could delve into recipes on cloud deployment, integration with Hadoop, and enhancing developer productiveness. via the top of this e-book, you've a transparent suggestion approximately the best way to layout, improve, and installation MongoDB.
- The Web Designer's Roadmap
- Web Development with Go: Building Scalable Web Apps and RESTful Services
Additional info for Building Web Apps with WordPress
The MVC architecture supports separation of concerns by allowing designers to focus their attention on the views, while programmers focus their attention on the models. You could try to use an MVC architecture within WordPress. There are a number of projects to help you do just that; however, we think trying to strap MVC onto WordPress could lead to issues unless the WordPress core were to officially support MVC. Instead, we suggest following the “WordPress Way,” as outlined in this book. Still, if you are interested… MVC plugins for WordPress • WP MVC • Churro • Tina MVC There are a couple of ways to map an MVC process to WordPress.
We’d rather have the security holes in our software come out in the open rather than go undetected until the worst possible moment. Chapter 8 will cover security issues in more detail, including a list of best practices to harden your WordPress install and how to code in a secure manner. WordPress plugins are crap. The plugin API in WordPress and the thousands of plugins that have been developed using it are the secret sauce and in our opinion the number one reason that WordPress has become so popular and is so successful as a website platform.
Namely, you cannot restrict what people do with your software once you sell or distribute it to them. This is a complicated topic, but the basic idea is if you are only selling or giving away access to your application, you won’t have to worry about the GPLv2. However, if you are selling or distributing the underlying source code of your application, the GPLv2 will apply to the code you distribute. For example, if we host SchoolPress on our own servers and sell accounts to access the app, that doesn’t count as distribution, and the GPLv2 doesn’t impact our business at all.