By Mike Wilson
• find out about key modules in Node.js for construction real-time apps
• Use the Backbone.js framework to put in writing fresh browser code, and retain larger facts integration with MongoDB
• constitution venture documents as a beginning for code that may arrive later
• Create consumer bills and methods to safe the information
• Use Backbone.js templates to construct the application’s UIs, and combine entry keep watch over with Node.js
• strengthen a touch checklist to aid clients hyperlink to and music different money owed
• Use Socket.io to create real-time chat performance
• expand your UIs to provide clients up to date details
Read or Download Building Node Applications with MongoDB and Backbone PDF
Best web development books
From the world's most well liked source for net designers and developer's comes the final word advisor to jQuery
* starts with an exploration of basic jQuery techniques similar to rfile item version (DOM) scripting
* Explores writing "Don't Repeat Yoursefl" (DRY) to realize a complete realizing of those central sleek thoughts and most sensible practices
* exhibits how jQuery permits the consumer to stick to those glossy top practices with ease
* The succeeding chapters speak about a particular a part of jQuery improvement reminiscent of manipulating the DOM, operating with Ajax, and including slick animation results via instructional sort studying method that makes use of operating examples to discover the concept
* The books caps off by way of discussing well known methods of extending the center jQuery library with pugins and construction net interfaces utilizing jQuery UI
Expert book-and-video package deal delivers entire education on artistic Suite 6 layout Premium!
The subsequent neatest thing to having your individual deepest teacher guiding you thru Adobe inventive Suite 6 layout and internet top rate at your individual speed is that this excellent book-and-video education device from the professional teachers at AGI. greater than 25 self-paced classes train you the fundamentals of web page structure, vector images, picture modifying, record administration, website design, animation, dossier administration, and lots more and plenty extra. each one step by step lesson is followed via routines and video tutorials to make the ideas and strategies crystal clear.
You'll locate guide for the full suite, together with InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks, and Adobe Bridge.
* positive aspects full-color, step by step directions that make even the main complex initiatives effortless to appreciate, whereas the video education complements the content material coated within the ebook
* Combines an 800+- web page full-color educational ebook besides lesson records and video education from professional teachers
* Covers every one component to the total Adobe artistic Suite 6 layout and net top class package deal, together with InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks, and Adobe Bridge
Adobe inventive Suite 6 layout and internet top rate electronic school room is a good method to grasp all of the strong instruments in Adobe artistic Suite 6 layout and net top class at your individual pace.
Note: The DVD and different supplementary fabrics will not be incorporated as a part of the book dossier. those fabrics can be found for obtain upon purchase.
Internet improvement remains to be one in all today's preferred, lively, and demanding programming and improvement actions. From a unmarried website to an e-commerce-enabled site to a fully-fledged net software, the Java programming language and its frameworks permit you excellent flexibility and productiveness to your net program improvement.
Are looking to upload the facility of a database in your web pages? construct on-line types that ship suggestions immediately on your inbox? include reside information feeds and XML information into your websites? This publication exhibits you the way to do all that and more.
Dreamweaver eight takes many of the exertions out of integrating a database into your web pages, however it can't do every little thing. So rather than simply providing you with a sequence of directions to click on this and click on that, this publication is helping you know whats occurring within the heritage. for that reason, you're likely to keep in mind and to get it right.
Most books on Hypertext Preprocessor pay attention to code and throw all layout concerns out the window. This one is diversified. It uses Dreamweaver 8's drastically enhanced CSS rendering, and exhibits you the way to construct a website thats clever in either senses of the note. It seems strong and is clever too. You'll the way to switch the whole glance of the location, utilizing Hypertext Preprocessor to serve up varied stylesheets every month. You'll additionally construct a touch shape protected from e mail injection assaults. All of Dreamweaver's personal home page server behaviors are positioned via their paces, and you'll even make a few customized server behaviors that may turn out to be useful on any web site you create.
Two chapters take you thru the setup technique with step by step directions for either home windows and Mac OS X, assisting you're making the ideal offerings: Apache or IIS? distant or neighborhood trying out? There are even directions on the right way to arrange digital hosts by yourself desktop. And within the not likely occasion that issues get it wrong, there's lots of troubleshooting recommendation too.
In this booklet, we glance particularly at utilizing Dreamweaver's integrated server behaviors to construct dynamic sites utilizing personal home page and MySQL, the world's most well liked open resource server-side language and database server blend, that are either trustworthy, strong, and open resource (and as a result loose to use). This model of Dreamweaver contains extra strong help for Hypertext Preprocessor and MySQL than ever prior to, and we'll help you make this be just right for you. No prior event of Hypertext Preprocessor or MySQL is critical to take advantage of this book.
Examples equipped through the booklet comprise a content material administration procedure, and an internet snapshot gallery. All examples are designed to satisfy sleek usability necessities and be net standards-compliant.
- Adaptive Web Design: Crafting Rich Experiences with Progressive Enhancement
- Web Standards Creativity: Innovations in Web Design with XHTML, CSS, and DOM Scripting
- Website Optimization: An Hour a Day - A Conversion Rate Optimization and A/B Testing Guide
- Yii Application Development Cookbook (2nd edition)
- Professional Android Application Development
- Responsive Mobile Design: Designing for Every Device
Additional resources for Building Node Applications with MongoDB and Backbone
Working with entities involves comparing columns with very little overhead: all of the data is the same by design. In MongoDB there is no strictly defined schema and there are no rows containing columns—instead, every entity is stored in a document with any number of fields. Documents provide a lot of power; you can store much more related information about each entity inside the document, even putting lists of documents inside other documents. Instead of making multiple queries to the database to get a complete set of information (as you would have to do with an SQL database), you can load entire datasets in a single operation.
Newer tech‐ nologies such as Ruby on Rails, Play! 4 have mechanisms for booting a local “development” server so you can begin programming without being bogged down by implementation details. (Play! Framework’s built-in Netty HTTP server is intended to be used in production as well as development. ) Node is interesting because the program code you write for it is also the server imple‐ mentation. info brokers, or daemons getting in the way (apart from proxy servers, which will be dis‐ cussed later on).
__dirname is one of several global objects available to all modules within Node; it contains the name of the directory that the currently executing script resides in. json, __dirname is a safe choice as a base path. Later on, you may want to pass __dirname from this file’s context to a downstream module whose program code may not be in the same directory. listen(8080), causes the configured Express application to begin listening for HTTP requests on port 8080. Using a large port number such as 8080 is useful during development because the standard ports including port 80 (the default web server port) are restricted to super users on many Unix-based systems.