By Jamie Kurtz, Brian Wortman
The ASP.NET MVC Framework has consistently been a very good platform on which to enforce REST-based providers, however the creation of the ASP.NET net API Framework raised the bar to an entire new level.
Now in free up model 2.1, the internet API Framework has developed right into a robust and refreshingly usable platform. This concise e-book offers technical historical past and information that might show you how to most sensible use the ASP.NET net API 2 Framework to construct world-class relaxation services.
New content material during this variation includes:
• New functions in net API 2 (currently model 2.1).
• help for partial updates, or PATCH.
• API versioning.
• aid for legacy SOAP-based operations.
• find out how to deal with non-resource APIs utilizing REST
• tips on how to most sensible disclose relationships among resources
• JSON internet Tokens, CORS, CSRF
Get prepared for authors Jamie Kurtz and Brian Wortman to take you from 0 to leisure carrier hero very quickly in any respect. No previous event with ASP.NET internet API is needed; all internet API-related options are brought from easy ideas and constructed to the purpose the place you should use them in a creation procedure. an exceptional operating wisdom of C# and the .NET Framework are the one must haves to most sensible reap the benefits of this publication.
Read Online or Download ASP.NET Web API 2: Building a REST Service from Start to Finish (2nd Edition) PDF
Similar web development books
HTML und CSS bilden seit mehr als zehn Jahren das Herzstück des Webdesigns, aber trotz oder gerade wegen ihres stolzen Alters beinhalten diese Technologien auch einige überholungsbedürftige beneficial properties. Autor Ben Henick nimmt in diesem book die beiden grundlegenden Webtechnologien unter die Lupe und stellt einen nützlichen Katalog an Webdesign-Best Practices zusammen.
From the world's hottest source for internet designers and developer's comes the last word advisor to jQuery
* starts off with an exploration of primary jQuery techniques similar to rfile item version (DOM) scripting
* Explores writing "Don't Repeat Yoursefl" (DRY) to realize a complete figuring out of those relevant glossy ideas and most sensible practices
* exhibits how jQuery allows the consumer to stick to those smooth top practices with ease
* The succeeding chapters speak about a selected a part of jQuery improvement reminiscent of manipulating the DOM, operating with Ajax, and including slick animation results via educational variety studying process that makes use of operating examples to discover the concept
* The books caps off by means of discussing renowned methods of extending the center jQuery library with pugins and construction net interfaces utilizing jQuery UI
Construct your individual web site is a enjoyable, illustrated advent to the fundamentals of constructing an internet site. sign up for Kim and her little puppy Tofu as she learns HTML, the language of web content, and CSS, the language used to variety websites, from the net Guru and Glinda, the nice Witch of CSS.
Once she figures out the fundamentals, Kim travels to WordPress urban to construct her first site, with Wendy, the WordPress Maven, at her aspect. They take regulate of WordPress® topics, set up invaluable plugins, and more.
As you keep on with alongside, you'll find out how to:
• Use HTML tags
• Make your web site shine with CSS
• customise WordPress to suit your needs
• select an organization to host your website and get suggestion on choosing an outstanding area name
The sufferer, step by step suggestion you'll locate in construct your individual web site may also help you get your site up and working very quickly. cease dreaming of your excellent site and begin making it!
MongoDB is a high-performance and feature-rich NoSQL database that varieties the spine of various advanced improvement structures. you'll definitely locate the MongoDB resolution you're trying to find during this book.
Starting with the way to initialize the server in 3 various modes with a number of configurations, you are going to then study numerous abilities together with the fundamentals of complicated question operations and lines in MongoDB and tracking and backup utilizing MMS. From there, you could delve into recipes on cloud deployment, integration with Hadoop, and bettering developer productiveness. via the top of this booklet, you've gotten a transparent proposal approximately easy methods to layout, enhance, and installation MongoDB.
- Developing Microsoft SharePoint Applications Using Windows Azure
- Smashing eBook #29 Designing for Android
- Beginning CSS3
- Creating a Website: The Missing Manual (4th Edition)
- Beginning Groovy, Grails and Griffon
Additional info for ASP.NET Web API 2: Building a REST Service from Start to Finish (2nd Edition)
We will be using NUnit. Mocking Framework We will use Moq for the test mocking framework. It is simple, powerful, and popular. Summary That wraps up the bulk of our exploration of the API design, including the SQL Server database and a selection of the most important components in your architecture. At this point, using the modeling technique we introduced in this chapter, you should be able to properly design just about any RESTful service, complete with resource types, URIs, and HTTP verbs. NET Web API.
At the time of this writing, the Web API templates and references in Visual Studio 2013 included an older version of the libraries. So the update-package statement just ensures that we have the latest libraries configured. 38 CHAPTER 4 N BUILDING THE ENVIRONMENT AND CREATING THE SOURCE TREE If you get the feeling that you’ve seen these library names before, it’s because they correspond to the components we mentioned in the “Choosing Architecture Components” section of the previous chapter. NET Web API application.
Json 4. Request Header This is also done in the HTTP header. x-taskManagerApp-version: 2 Out there on the Web, you can find passionate arguments for using each of these, and even combinations of these, different approaches. We encourage you to research this on your own and determine what best fits your current project. NET Web API, we decided to use the first option in our task-management service. , changing properties on a Web model class) constitutes a change to the API. With that as an introduction, we will be implementing a controller action method to match the request shown in Table 5-3, so go ahead and open the solution in Visual Studio.