By Xiangju Zhang, Chaglin Gui
The inner combustion is usual as an influence resource in engineering. because the calls for put upon engines have elevated, tribology has come to play an more and more vital function of their development.
This ebook is an artistic blend of clever layout expertise and the tribological layout of engines: engine tribology, info technology, synthetic intelligence, non numerical algorithms, glossy layout know-how and dynamics to suggest new method and expertise for tribological engine layout. It not just provides a good method of l engine layout but in addition explores a brand new trend for examine and l layout method.
· an important reference for the layout of greater and effective engines
· Proposes new suggestions for tribological engine design
· Combines complex layout applied sciences with conventional tribological layout equipment
Read or Download An Intelligent System for Engine Tribological Design PDF
Similar machinery books
Steel slicing is a vital approach all through engineering layout and production industries. to extend potency and decrease charges, it will be important to enhance realizing of the steel slicing procedure. This ebook provides a complete remedy of the topic that specializes in the positive factors of the habit of instrument and paintings fabrics that effect the potency of steel slicing operations.
The recent paperback variation of this well known textual content relates classical - and 3-dimensional geometry to mechanisms. Written through a famous authority, this ebook emphasizes geometrical instead of analytical methods, delivering details on widespread planar mechanisms in addition to introducing the reader to 3-dimensional mechanical routine.
Fluid movie bearings are computing device components that are meant to be studied in the broader context of tribology. the 3 subfields of tribology, friction, lubrication, and put on, are strongly interrelated. the decade has witnessed major advances within the sector of fluid movie lubrication and its purposes, and this moment variation deals scholars and engineering pros a glance at a few of these advances.
Whilst put in and operated accurately, common goal steam generators are trustworthy and have a tendency to be forgotten, i. e. , out of sound and out of mind. yet, they are often napping giants which can bring about significant complications if ignored. 3 genuine steam turbine bad effects that instantly spring to mind are: harm and secondary harm because of an overspeed failure.
- Electrical Equipment Handbook - Troubleshooting And Maintenance
- Fundamentals of two-fluid dynamics,
- Design of Rotating Electrical Machines
- Control of Non-conventional Synchronous Motors
Extra resources for An Intelligent System for Engine Tribological Design
The design decision-making mechanism begins with the customer requirements, and proceeds through to conceptual design, and then to the detailed design, or it begins with an initial design, and proceeds through to the evaluation analysis, to a modified design, and to the final design. Therefore, it is a multi-stage, iterative, and collaborative process, and corresponds to the various design processes. Extensive applications of ICAD systems in engineering design have been presented in the literature.
2) Lubrication analysis considering surface roughness Since the surface roughness of an engine bearing is at the same level as the minimum film thickness, the effect of surface roughness on the tribological properties of a bearing system is non-negligible. Based on Christensen random model. Prof. Qiu Zugan^^l analysed the 1dimensional roughness lubrication of a finite length bearing with dynamic load. Combining the average flow model and Hahn's method. Dr. Wang Xiaoli^^J established a numerical analysis approach for 2dimensional surface roughness lubrication.
Using these as well as the abundant design knowledge, various tribological numerical analysis programs and various design inference processes can be integrated into an intelligent system for tribological design of engines. 4 Knowledge models for ICAD system The definition^^^l of a knowledge model is that, a data model or data structure that can be adopted by an intelligent system to represent, obtain, and utilize knowledge. The knowledge model is the basis of an intelligent system, whereby the system can represent and extract design knowledge from various knowledge sources, and integrate them with various numerical analysis programs in a seamless manner.