By Scott Raymond
* complicated fabric explains the most up-tp-date layout practices for Ajax usability. You'll learn how to stay away from consumer event blunders with confirmed layout patterns.
past the how-to, Ajax on Rails is helping you think about whilst Ajax is (and isn't) acceptable, and the trade-offs linked to it. For these new to Rails, this publication presents a brief advent, the large photo, a stroll in the course of the set up method, and a few tips about getting all started. If you've already set to work with Rails and search to deepen your ability set, you'll locate dozens of examples drawn from real-world tasks, exhaustive reference for each appropriate function, and specialist suggestion on tips on how to "Ajaxify" your functions.
Read or Download Ajax on Rails PDF
Best web development books
From the world's hottest source for internet designers and developer's comes the final word advisor to jQuery
* starts off with an exploration of primary jQuery recommendations reminiscent of rfile item version (DOM) scripting
* Explores writing "Don't Repeat Yoursefl" (DRY) to realize a finished knowing of those vital glossy options and most sensible practices
* exhibits how jQuery allows the person to stick to those sleek top practices with ease
* The succeeding chapters speak about a particular a part of jQuery improvement similar to manipulating the DOM, operating with Ajax, and including slick animation results via instructional variety studying strategy that makes use of operating examples to discover the concept
* The books caps off via discussing well known methods of extending the center jQuery library with pugins and construction internet interfaces utilizing jQuery UI
Expert book-and-video package deal can provide entire education on inventive Suite 6 layout Premium!
The subsequent neatest thing to having your individual deepest teacher guiding you thru Adobe artistic Suite 6 layout and internet top class at your individual speed is that this impressive book-and-video education instrument from the specialist teachers at AGI. greater than 25 self-paced classes educate you the fundamentals of web page format, vector images, photograph modifying, rfile administration, website design, animation, dossier administration, and lots more and plenty extra. every one step by step lesson is observed through workouts and video tutorials to make the innovations and methods crystal clear.
You'll locate guideline for the total suite, together with InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks, and Adobe Bridge.
* positive aspects full-color, step by step directions that make even the main complex initiatives effortless to appreciate, whereas the video education complements the content material coated within the booklet
* Combines an 800+- web page full-color educational publication in addition to lesson records and video education from professional teachers
* Covers every one component to the whole Adobe artistic Suite 6 layout and internet top class package deal, together with InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks, and Adobe Bridge
Adobe artistic Suite 6 layout and net top class electronic school room is an efficient approach to grasp all of the robust instruments in Adobe artistic Suite 6 layout and net top rate at your personal pace.
Note: The DVD and different supplementary fabrics aren't integrated as a part of the publication dossier. those fabrics can be found for obtain upon purchase.
Net improvement continues to be one in all today's preferred, energetic, and significant programming and improvement actions. From a unmarried web content to an e-commerce-enabled website to a fully-fledged internet program, the Java programming language and its frameworks permit you excellent flexibility and productiveness on your internet software improvement.
Are looking to upload the facility of a database in your web pages? construct on-line kinds that ship suggestions immediately on your inbox? comprise reside information feeds and XML information into your websites? This ebook indicates you the way to do all that and more.
Dreamweaver eight takes most of the labor out of integrating a database into your web pages, however it can't do every thing. So rather than simply supplying you with a chain of directions to click on this and click on that, this e-book is helping you already know whats occurring within the heritage. for this reason, you're likely to keep in mind and to get it right.
Most books on Hypertext Preprocessor pay attention to code and throw all layout issues out the window. This one is diversified. It uses Dreamweaver 8's drastically better CSS rendering, and indicates you the way to construct a domain thats shrewdpermanent in either senses of the note. It appears to be like strong and is clever too. You'll how to switch the whole glance of the positioning, utilizing Hypertext Preprocessor to serve up diversified stylesheets every month. You'll additionally construct a touch shape shielded from e mail injection assaults. All of Dreamweaver's personal home page server behaviors are positioned via their paces, and you'll even make a few customized server behaviors that would turn out to be useful on any web site you create.
Two chapters take you thru the setup approach with step by step directions for either home windows and Mac OS X, assisting you're making the precise offerings: Apache or IIS? distant or neighborhood checking out? There are even directions on the way to manage digital hosts by yourself desktop. And within the not going occasion that issues get it wrong, there's lots of troubleshooting suggestion too.
In this e-book, we glance particularly at utilizing Dreamweaver's integrated server behaviors to construct dynamic sites utilizing personal home page and MySQL, the world's most well-liked open resource server-side language and database server blend, that are either trustworthy, strong, and open resource (and as a result loose to use). This model of Dreamweaver contains extra strong help for personal home page and MySQL than ever prior to, and we'll help you make this give you the results you want. No past event of Hypertext Preprocessor or MySQL is critical to exploit this book.
Examples equipped during the booklet comprise a content material administration approach, and an internet photo gallery. All examples are designed to satisfy smooth usability requisites and be net standards-compliant.
- Beginning jQuery 2 for ASP.NET Developers: Using jQuery 2 with ASP.NET Web Forms and ASP.NET MVC
- Sass for Web Designers
- Computer Arts [UK] (November 2015)
- Web Designer [UK], Issue 233
Additional info for Ajax on Rails
Fill the form and click on the GO button. The browser will display the values of form elements in a query string format, as shown in the following screenshot: 48 Chapter 2 How it works... The serialize() method of jQuery turns form elements into query string format. Rather than getting each value manually and creating a query string, this function can be very handy when you want to send the values of all form elements as a part of AJAX requests. You can use any of the methods like GET or POST to send this data to the server.
1. html. 2. Let us design the page first. Create an unordered list and apply some CSS to it. The first item in this list will be a checkbox that will work as a handle to toggle other checkboxes. Then create other items in the list: names of books each having a checkbox before it. All these checkboxes have the same class name toggle. Create another list item consisting of a button that will be used to display the selected books. Finally, create a last list item and assign an ID to it. We will use it to display selected book names.