By Dave Thomas, David Heinemeier Hansson, Sam Ruby
You are looking to write professional-grade purposes: Rails is a full-stack, open-source internet framework, with built-in aid for unit, useful, and integration trying out. It enforces solid layout ideas, consistency of code throughout your staff (and throughout your organization), and correct liberate administration.
yet Rails is greater than a collection of top practices. Rails makes it either enjoyable and simple to show out very cool internet functions. want Ajax aid, so your net functions are hugely interactive? Rails has it inbuilt. wish an software that sends and gets electronic mail? inbuilt. helps internationalization and localization? inbuilt. do you want purposes with a REST-based interface (so they could have interaction with different RESTful functions with virtually no attempt in your part)? All integrated.
As with the former variations of the booklet, we begin with a longer educational that builds components of a web shop. And, in fact, the applying has been rewritten to teach the simplest of Rails V2.
Read or Download Agile Web Development with Rails (3rd Edition) PDF
Best web development books
HTML und CSS bilden seit mehr als zehn Jahren das Herzstück des Webdesigns, aber trotz oder gerade wegen ihres stolzen Alters beinhalten diese Technologien auch einige überholungsbedürftige positive aspects. Autor Ben Henick nimmt in diesem booklet die beiden grundlegenden Webtechnologien unter die Lupe und stellt einen nützlichen Katalog an Webdesign-Best Practices zusammen.
From the world's preferred source for net designers and developer's comes the final word consultant to jQuery
* starts with an exploration of basic jQuery suggestions reminiscent of rfile item version (DOM) scripting
* Explores writing "Don't Repeat Yoursefl" (DRY) to realize a entire figuring out of those primary sleek recommendations and most sensible practices
* exhibits how jQuery allows the consumer to stick to those glossy most sensible practices with ease
* The succeeding chapters talk about a selected a part of jQuery improvement resembling manipulating the DOM, operating with Ajax, and including slick animation results via educational sort studying strategy that makes use of operating examples to discover the concept
* The books caps off through discussing well known methods of extending the center jQuery library with pugins and development net interfaces utilizing jQuery UI
Construct your personal site is a enjoyable, illustrated creation to the fundamentals of making an internet site. sign up for Kim and her little puppy Tofu as she learns HTML, the language of websites, and CSS, the language used to kind web content, from the internet Guru and Glinda, the great Witch of CSS.
Once she figures out the fundamentals, Kim travels to WordPress urban to construct her first web site, with Wendy, the WordPress Maven, at her part. They take keep an eye on of WordPress® issues, set up precious plugins, and more.
As you stick with alongside, you'll find out how to:
• Use HTML tags
• Make your website shine with CSS
• customise WordPress to suit your needs
• pick out an organization to host your web site and get suggestion on choosing a very good area name
The sufferer, step by step suggestion you'll locate in construct your personal web site can help you get your site up and operating very quickly. cease dreaming of your ideal web site and begin making it!
MongoDB is a high-performance and feature-rich NoSQL database that varieties the spine of various advanced improvement platforms. you'll definitely locate the MongoDB resolution you're trying to find during this book.
Starting with tips on how to initialize the server in 3 various modes with numerous configurations, you'll then study a number of talents together with the fundamentals of complicated question operations and lines in MongoDB and tracking and backup utilizing MMS. From there, you could delve into recipes on cloud deployment, integration with Hadoop, and enhancing developer productiveness. by way of the tip of this booklet, you may have a transparent notion approximately the right way to layout, enhance, and installation MongoDB.
- Drupal for Education and E-Learning (2nd Edition)
- Smashing CSS: Professional Techniques for Modern Layout
- Content Strategy for the Web
- The Truth About HTML5 (For Web Designers)
- Smashing WordPress Themes: Making WordPress Beautiful (Smashing Magazine Book Series)
Extra resources for Agile Web Development with Rails (3rd Edition)
This book uses only one Unix command: ls. The Windows equivalent is dir. OK, you Windows users are done. 5, Choosing a Rails Version, on page 36. See you there. 6 (Tiger), Mac users have a decent Ruby installation included as standard. 5 (Leopard) includes Rails itself. 6. So either way, you have some upgrading to do, a bit more for Tiger than for Leopard, but it’s not too difficult either way. 0 printing, March 2009) 33 I NSTALLING ON L INUX Tiger users will also need to upgrade SQLite 3. This can be done via compiling from source (which sounds scarier than it is).
0 printing, March 2009) 49 H ELLO , R AILS ! three files and a new directory to our application. That directory will contain the template files for the controller’s views. In our case, we created a controller named say, so the views will be in the directory app/views/say. ” application, let’s create a template. By default, Rails looks for templates in a file with the same name as the action it’s handling. erb7 in the directory app/views/say. erb? erb, and refresh your browser window. You should see it display our friendly greeting.
To add the action, we define a new method in the controller. 0 printing, March 2009) 57 L INKING P AGES T OGETHER Let’s call this action goodbye. now end def goodbye end end Next we have to create a new template in the directory app/views/say. erb, because by default templates are named after their associated actions.
It was nice having you here.